Rib Cook-Off 2018
To register your team please visit, https://waylandbbqcookoff.eventbrite.com.
Wayland Main Street welcomes pro pitmasters and backyard chefs to compete in this year’s Rib Cook-Off at Main Street Celebration.
1st Place – $500
2nd Place -$250
3rd Place – $100
We are limiting the competition to pork ribs only. All meat must be cooked on site.
– Registration fee is $35 per team. Payment must be received in order to be officially registered.
– Team name and conduct must be appropiate for a family audience. The first contestant to register a team name will be able to use that name during the contest.
– All spaces of the designated cook-off area are open and located along North Main Street (detailed maps and instructions will be provided to contestants prior to event).
– All open spaces are on a “first-come, first taken” basis. No reservations are taken.
– No electricity/water is available. Quiet generatiors are permitted.
– Team is responsible for the cleanup of their space by Saturday, July 21, 2018, 6:00PM.
– No ground fires or holes are permitted.
COOK-OFF CONTEST RULES
– A mandatory Chief Cook’s meeting will be held at 8:00AM Saturday, July 21st at the judges tent. Contestants may begin cooking at anytime Saturday morning.
– Each team must have a chief cook.
TURN IN TIMES
– Team will turn in their entries on Saturday, July 21st at 4:00PM at judges tent.
– Teams must use the to-go containers provided to them during the Chief Cook’s meeting.
– Contest winners will be announced on stage (intersection of Main Street and Superior Street) at 6:00PM, Saturday, July 21st.
The Rib Cook-Off at Wayland Main Street Celebration is a fundraiser for the Wayland Main Street Program, proceeds will go toward downtown revitalization and community programming.
Wayland Main Street retain the right to expand these rules and regulations as we see fit.
For questions please contact: email@example.com.
This contest is generously sponsored by General RV.