Art Hop 2018
THANKS FOR ANOTHER GREAT YEAR!
Please complete our event survey here.
The first full weekend of December has been set for a fun Christmas activities in Wayland. The fun begins on Friday, December 7, which will be the start of the Wayland Main Street Annual Art Hop from 5:00pm-9:00pm.
During Art Hop, the downtown streets will be transformed into an Art Hop celebrating with many Christmas festivities. The downtown streets will closed so guests may walk safely from the different venues. Artists will appear in various downtown businesses showcasing or selling their art. In addition to art, there will be many family friendly activities including horse and wagon rides, warming stations, strolling carolers, musicians, an annual Christmas tree lighting, and much more.
Schedule of Events
- Holiday Hay Rides: Horse drawn wagon rides for the whole family! The wagon rides will encircle downtown beginning and ending near Henika District Library.
- Fire Department: Kiwanis kids’ craft table, local artist, music, and crafts.
- Art Hop: local businesses will transform into gallery space for local artists; businesses will offer refreshments; live music provided by high school students and churches.
- Story Time with Miss Stephanie: Story will be read aloud for children on the stage.
- Tree Lighting: Mayor will light the Christmas tree. Window Competition winners announced.
E. SUPERIOR ST.
- McDuff’s Bar & Grille (105)
- Jennifer Barron, handmade: Pampered Will kits for men and women, Pocket Thoughts Journals in four sizes, thought provoking home decor, jewelry and other wearables for men women and children.
- sweet treats
- V. Marie Clothing Co. (133)
- Tatiana Kuutto, embroidered textile art
- Jacob Guerin, oil painting
- Alyssa Prince, paintings
- also offering baked goods and jams
- Full Potential Chiropractic (135)
- Cynthia Oppenneer, Everything Under the Moon, jewelry made of crystals & semi precious stones, ornaments, candles, hand-bound books and journals, mosaic boxes, mirrors, etc., woodwork, polymer clay art, glassware, paintings, misc.
W. SUPERIOR ST.
- Retro Room (102)
- Zoe Antel, woodburned ornaments
- Reno Agency (120)
- Raymond Quintero, of Tyde Glass, live demonstration of glass blowing ornaments
- Technology Solutions (122)
- Terri Kuiper, oil paintings
- Wayland Fire Department (160)
- Kiwanis Kids’ Craft
- live music
- bake sale
S. MAIN ST.
- Wayland Hotel Bar & Grill (104)
- Angela Abraham, of Sound Body Medical Massage, acrylic on canvas, Abstract fluid floral
- Dahlia City Floral & Gifts (120)
- Amy Carroll Print Shop, animal photography
- Jeff Ham Ceramics, beautiful, functional vessels that can heighten and transform home spaces and personal experiences
- ornament making station
- OpenRoad Brewery (128)
- Tom Nelson, Christmas birch log floral arrangements
- craft beer, cider, and mead
- DeYoung Chiropractic (132)
- Michelle Kremers, Independent Designer with Chalk Couture
- hot cocoa and seasonal beverage
- Simply Celia’s (142)
- Brandt Howard, video game
- Anita Buckowing of Waterborn Productions, mixed media sculptures featuring polymer clay, glass, metal, fiber, and other natural materials; paintings, drawings, and jewelry.
- Jayda Gale Distillery (152)
- Norman Reed, Hypertufa planters made by hand from cement and fabric, historic fiction novel, C.D. a gift of hymns.
- Sensory Systems Clinic West (204)
- organic gluten free snacks
- art experience for kids
- Calvary Church (live nativity) (304)
- Henika District Library (149)
- AnnaBelle Brand, acrylic abstract painting
- Friends of Henika ornament making station
- Harlequin Hair Fashions (125)
- Jessy Gregersen, hand painted decor and custom ornaments created on the spot
- Linda DuMond, watercolor and photography
- Pat Brefke of The Painted Fence
- Acqua in Vino (129)
- A delicious wine tasting and pairing featuring Fenn Valley Wines, including just released 2018 Nouveau, two new cheeses and a delicious tortilla soup. Dave’s Sweet Tooth Maple Pecan Bourbon Toffee is back in stock to sample and take home.
- City Hall (103)
- live music and refreshments
- Hubbert’s Kettle Corn
- New Life Community Church (160)
- Cheryl Fischer-Vodry, nature photography / handmade fused glass
- Hot cocoa bar, cookies, live music, and more!
Many thanks to our generous community sponsors that help make events like Art Hop free for the public to enjoy.
Thank you sponsors!
On Saturday, December 8, the Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting Wayland’s Annual Christmas Parade. The parade will begin at 11:00am at the Wayland VFW Post 7581 located at 735 S Main Street. This year, the parade theme is “Story Book Christmas” which allows those entering the parade to decorate accordingly. For more information please visit the Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce website.
In addition, the Wayland Boy Scout Troop 97 is encouraging parade spectators to bring non-perishable food items or gently used or new coats, gloves, scarves, boots, and hats. There will be many Boy Scouts walking in the parade picking up these items along the route. Items can be handed to the Scouts as they walk by. All items will go towards the Wayland Christmas Project, which donates meals and gifts to those in need. At the conclusion of the parade visit with Santa at the Wayland Fire Department and enjoy cookies and hot chocolate.
Prior to the parade, the community is invited to attend the annual pancake breakfast at the Wayland Fire Department, 160 W Superior Street, from 7:00am-10:30am. For a nominal charge, guests can enjoy a hot breakfast consisting of an All-You-Can-Eat buffet consisting of pancakes, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, juice, milk, and coffee.